If you are interested in fostering or adopting one of our animals, please first read all info below. If you have any questions about our process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for either foster or adoption, you must first submit an application. We will then begin the process. Please bear in mind that if it is not filled out completely, it will only slow the process down. Current vet information and references are important and your application can not be processed without them. Once the application has been approved, a home visit is scheduled. Upon a satisfactory home visit, an introduction can be made with the pet you are seeking to foster or adopt, WITH YOUR CURRENT DOGS (if applicable). This is a very important step and the process cannot move forward without it.
IF APPLYING TO FOSTER:
While our animal is in your care, the rescue pays for everything needed for the animal. This includes food, all vetting, training (if applicable), etc. All you supply is your time and love!
- If you are applying to foster a particular animal, we then will make arrangements to get your new foster to you! A foster contract and instructions will be explained and completed.
- If you do not have a particular animal in mind, we will begin working with you to find the best animal for your situation and when a decision is made, we will place that animal in your home. Contract and instructions will be explained and given at that time.
While fostering is a tough part of rescue, it is also one of the most rewarding! We appreciate your time and will do all we can to make your experience the best it can be for both your household and the animal. As the foster, you will be required to help take your animal to adoption events, vet visits, take photos of your foster animal and help in any way to get your foster adopted.
If you have read all information and are ready to foster, complete the foster application here.
IF APPLYING TO ADOPT:
We will help place the best animal for your situation. Please keep in mind this may or may not be your first choice. We will work with you in deciding the best fit for your home and family.
Adoption fees vary. Our adoption fees include: spay/neuter, age appropriate vaccinations, rabies vaccination, heartworm testing, microchipping, and any other medical the animal may need while in our care.
As part of the adoption process, we do require a $200 Training Deposit to ensure your new pet gets a great start! This is taken in the form of a check and is then attached to your contract. Once you send the required Certificate of Completion for training, the check is then returned to you. We do not cash this check unless the training is not completed.
We will be available for you even after the adoption. You will never be alone! Please feel free to contact us anytime if you have any questions or concerns with your new pet.
Please look over these guidelines prior to applying:
- We reserve the right to refuse adoptions on information we gathered during the screening process.
- We will not adopt to anyone under the age of 21.
- We will not adopt animals out to be used as ‘attack dogs’, bait dogs, fighters or any other aggression related activity.
- We will not adopt a dog to be an ‘outside’ pet.
- No refunds will be given after 3 days.
- All animals are micro-chipped and, as stated on our adoption contract, must be returned to us if there are any problems. You cannot sell, give away or otherwise change possession of the animal in any way.
- We reserve the right to terminate an adoption for any violation of our contract.
We will generally only adopt within a 60 mile radius.
If you have read all information and are ready to complete the Adoption application, please click here.